About Transport Research Arena
In 2024, Transport Research Arena (TRA) takes place in Dublin, Ireland from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 April. The theme for TRA2024 is “Transport Transitions: Advancing Sustainable and Inclusive Mobility”.
TRA, the Transport Research Arena, is the foremost European transport event that covers all transport modes and all aspects of mobility. It is the largest European research and technology conference on transport and mobility.
Transport Research Arena (TRA) offers a great venue for researchers, policymakers and industry representatives to get together and contribute to the discussion on how research and innovation can reshape the transport and mobility system. The conference provides a unique opportunity to hear about mobility trends in different parts of Europe, learn from achievements in the industry as well as share best practices of policies and deployments.
The TRA2024 conference will take place from 15-18 April 2024, at the RDS, Dublin, Ireland.
More Information about Transport Research Arena
The first Transport Research Arena (TRA) conference was held in Goteburg, Sweden, in 2006 and since then has become a key European transport conference for presenting the latest research and innovation in the transport sector, covering all modes of transport: road, rail, water, aviation as well as cross-modality and passenger/freight transport in urban and inter-urban settings. The conference addresses the main challenges in transport and mobility of people and goods, with respect to energy, environment, safety and security and socio-economic issues. It aims to explore the most advanced research works and innovations, the latest technological and industrial developments and implementations, and innovative policies, in Europe and worldwide. As a wide forum open to all interested parties, it is a unique occasion to promote transport.
Transport Research Arena (TRA) provides the arena for:
- Research, industry, public administrations, transport operators, users and other stakeholders across all transport modes
- Policy makers framing research and transport policy
- New ideas, technological solutions and new business models
- Experiencing the future of transport and mobility
- Mobilising the best brains and exchanges of information and best practices
- Transport Research Arena (TRA) is co-organised by the European Commission and a number of European transport-related organisations covering all transport modes.
The stakeholders are:
- The European Commission
- Conference of European Directors of Roads (CEDR)
- European Road Transport Research Advisory Council (ERTRAC)
- European Rail Research Advisory Council (ERRAC)
- European Technology Platform Waterborne (Waterborne)
- European Technology Platform Alliance for Logistics Innovation through Collaboration in Europe (ALICE)
- European Construction, built environment and energy efficient building Technology Platform (ECTP)
- Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe (ACARE)
- European Transport Research Alliance (ETRA)
- The hosts of the upcoming Transport Research Arena (TRA) – once the selection process has been completed
Ireland has been approved as the host of TRA2024 in April 2024 by Transport Research Arena (TRA) Management Committee.