Abstract Submissions for TRA2024 are now closed!
The 2024 edition of Transport Research Arena (TRA) will take place in Dublin from Monday 15 to Thursday 18 April and the selected theme is Transport Transitions: Advancing Sustainable and Inclusive Mobility. Transport Research Arena (TRA) is a major transport conference that covers all transport modes and discusses all aspects of mobility.
Transport Research Arena (TRA) offers a rich and diverse conference experience, with extensive exhibitions, demonstrations and technical tours complementing the extensive conference programme. Transport Research Arena (TRA) offers an excellent opportunity for researchers, policymakers and industry representatives to come together and discuss how research and innovation are changing our transport and mobility system. The conference provides a unique opportunity to hear about the latest mobility advances across Europe and elsewhere, learn from industry achievements, and share best practices on policies and deployment.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please ensure that you read all of the abstract submission guidelines below before submitting your abstract
1. Safe & Inclusive Transport
1.1 Transport safety
1.2 Future workforce & skills
1.3 People-centred & inclusive transport
1.4 Transport policy
2. Sustainable Mobility of People & Goods
2.1 Urban, regional & rural transport
2.2 Zero emissions transport
2.3 Impact on health & the environment
2.4 Logistics and sustainable transport
3. Efficient & Resilient Systems
3.1 Resilient infrastructure
3.2 Resilient networks & operations
3.3 Circular economy & life cycle assessments
3.4 Transport energy transition
4. Collaborative Digitalisation
4.1 Digital transition
4.2 Transport data sharing
4.3 Connected, Cooperative and Automated Mobility
4.4 Digital transport infrastructure
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral or Poster Presentation
- Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will include time for questions and answers.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference and be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing session.
Wed 11 October 2023
Full Paper Submission Deadline
Full Paper Submission
All accepted abstracts will be required to submit a full paper. If your abstract is successful, the Presenting Author will be required to submit a full paper for review by 11 October 2023. Notification of acceptance for the full papers will be sent in November 2023. The abstract notification email will include instructions for submitting the full paper.
If the Presenting Author fails to submit the full paper by 11 October 2023, their work will not be included in the programme.
Special Issue Publication
During the abstract submission, Presenting Authors can indicate if they wish for their full paper to be considered for publication in a special issue of the journal “European Transport Research Review”. Presenting Authors who indicate that they would like their full paper to be considered for publication will need to provide a novelty statement during full paper submission to be considered for inclusion.
The review process will involve a pre-screening with editors from ETRR, a long list of papers will be selected and these papers will go to full review by ETRR. The highest-scoring papers will be selected for publication in the journal for European Transport Research Review.
TRAVisions Senior Researcher Award
There is also an option for authors to use their paper as entry for the VISIONS Senior Researcher Award. Authors should note that these papers must be based on work that is part of an EU funded research project. Full papers entering the VISIONS Senior researcher competition must also include an impact statement.
Previously Presented or Published Abstracts
Abstracts that have been previously published or presented at another conference will not be considered for presentation.
Abstract Submission Pathway
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Who submits the abstract?
A maximum of 2 submissions only, per person is permitted.
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the TRA 2024 abstract submission portal and the Conference registration portal. Upon successful submission of the abstract, a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the View/Edit Abstracts page.
How to edit a submitted abstract?
You can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission at a later point. It is important to note that once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the abstract submission deadline. Ensure that your abstract is not left in draft as it will not be reviewed.
Submission Details Required
The online abstract submission is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Abstract title – word limit is 15
- Presentation type – Oral or Poster; Poster
- Theme – chosen from the theme list above
- Presenting Author – Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author (this person must be listed as the first author)
- Co-Authors – Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract document – Abstract word limit is 500, (word limit excludes: title, authors and affiliations)
- Additional information
- Would you like to be considered for the VISIONS Senior Researcher competition?
- If you would like to be considered for the VISIONS Senior Researcher Competition, please tick the box below to confirm your research is EU funded.
- Would you like your paper to be considered for publication in a special issue of the journal “European Transport Research Review”?
- If you would like to be considered for publication, please tick the box to confirm that you will include a novelty statement when submitting your full paper.
- Alternative contact for abstract
- Publication of abstract agreement
- Data consent agreement
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a peer review carried out by reviewers selected by the TRA 2024 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent to the submitter on 12 July 2023.
Registration of the Presenting Author
When notified of acceptance of your full paper, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by 08 January 2024. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
If a presenter fails to register by 08 January:
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all TRA 2024 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the Conference Website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for TRA 2024.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the conference between 15 – 18 April 2024.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. The abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications if they do not register and pay in full.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, may be published on the conference website, in the abstract document and on the conference app, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- All grammar/content has been checked and the submitter acknowledges that the abstract if published in the Journal and on the website and/or app will appear as submitted.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or theme may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the TRA 2024 Programme Team TRA2024@conferencepartners.com
The abstract submission process for TRA 2024 will be through an online submission portal
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract.
- You do not need to register for the conference in order to submit the abstract.
- All abstracts must be received by the submission deadline to be included in the review.
- Presenting authors whose abstracts are accepted must submit a full paper for review by 11 October 2023.
- Accepted abstract presenters must register by 08 January 2024.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.