We at Conference Partners International (CPI) respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under applicable data protection laws. This Website Privacy Statement aims to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide us while visiting this website.
Any external links to other websites are identifiable as such and are provided for information purposes only. We are not responsible for these other websites’ content, accuracy or privacy statements.
Conference Partners International (CPI) has been engaged by TII (Transport Infrastructure Ireland) to provide professional conference organising services for the TRA (Transport Research Arena) Conference in Dublin in April 2024.
CPI is the controller of personal data gathered through this website and the TRA 2024 Registration and Abstract Portals. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com or contact our Data Protection Officer:
Chief Operating Officer
Conference Partners Ltd
Suite 21 The Hyde Building
The Park Carrickmines
Phone: +353 1 223 4496
Scope of this Privacy Statement
Application of this privacy statement is limited to all services offered by Conference Partners International (CPI) and does not apply to services provided by third parties.
This privacy statement does not apply to the information and privacy practices of any third party who perform any business function in conjunction with, or at the behest of, the organisers of TRA 2024.
Scope of Data Privacy
Under the regulatory requirements laid out under the GDPR, CPI will perform its function as a data processor in-line with the following principles:
- All personal data will be collected and processed for specific, explicit, legitimate purposes only.
- All personal data will be collected and processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- All personal data collected and processed will be adequate, relevant and limited to the necessities of the purpose for which it is to be processed.
- All personal data collected and processed will be accurate and up-to-date.
- All personal data collected and processed to identify a data subject will not be kept for longer than is necessary to perform the purpose for which that personal data is processed.
- All personal data collected and processed will be done through appropriate technical and organisational measures, including safeguarding the integrity and confidentiality of all personal data from theft, unlawful processing and against accidental destruction, damage or loss.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, about your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another data controller;
- where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
To exercise any of the rights set out above, please get in touch with our Data Protection Officer:
Chief Operating Officer
Conference Partners Ltd
Suite 21 The Hyde Building
The Park Carrickmines
Phone: +353 1 223 4496
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In connection with the above, CPI may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction that the European Commission does not recognise as providing an equivalent level of protection for personal data as provided in the European Union.
If and to the extent that CPI does so, CPI will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with its obligations under applicable law governing such transfers, which may include entering into a contract governing the transfer which contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission and/or other transfer obligations/arrangements as may be specified by the Commission.
Further details of the measures CPI has taken in this regard are available from the CPI Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
Your personal data is held on secure servers hosted by EventsAIR (Centium Software).
The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data.
Change of third-party supplier for Registration and Abstract Management System
Website Terms and Conditions
A cookie is a small text file generated by a website that identifies you as a website user and may be used to collect information on your website activity or recall information previously provided by a web user. Most web browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them from a website and how to remove them.
The cookies on our websites are mainly used to track such information as which browser software and operating system you are using, the date and time you accessed one of our websites, which pages you visited on the website, and how long you spent on each page of the website, what country you’re accessing our websites from and what language your computer is set to. We use this information, which does not contain personal information about you, to improve our websites and track the impact of our websites over the lifecycle of our client conferences.
Your Cookie Settings
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
You can always change your cookie settings on this website by clicking on the ‘Change your Consent’ link below.
You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion, ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent, and you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you set your browser to block all cookies (including essential cookies), parts of this website may not function correctly or at all for you.
If you ask for a notification each time a cookie is sent, this may affect your ease of use of this website. Click on the ‘Help’ menu on your particular browser to learn how to manage your cookie preferences. Alternatively, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu for comprehensive information on controlling cookies.
All emails sent to the email address on the website are recorded, forwarded to the relevant department within CPI (if required) and stored for the purposes of the matter to which the email relates. The sender’s email address will remain visible to all staff dealing with the query.
We use Stripe as a payment gateway. Stripe processes the registration fees.
We take your personal data’s privacy seriously. We have taken every reasonable precaution and measure to secure and protect it from unauthorised access, accidental or unlawful disclosure, loss, destruction or manipulation. We have a multi-layered security approach, including physical security, access controls, IT security, SSL encryption and authentication protocols.
We cannot, however, guarantee your personal data’s security and therefore do not assume any liability in this regard.
Newsletter Sign Up
We use Mailchimp for the newsletter sign-up section of this website. We collect an email address and name (optional) for the newsletter sign-up using a GDPR-compliant form. This information is stored in our Mailchimp account and is only used for email communication about the TRA2024 conference. Email recipients can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email communications or by contacting email@example.com and requesting removal from the TRA2024 mailing list.
For more information on Mailchimp and GDPR compliance, please visit: https://mailchimp.com/gdpr/
Storage of Data
Any data collected on the TRA 2024 conference website will be kept for no more than 12 months after the 2024 conference has ended, with due regard to providing our services and in compliance with all applicable legal requirements. This policy does not affect your legal right to have your data deleted by contacting our DPO at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to Information
Both the GDPR and relevant local data protection legislation give you the right to access information held about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please email: email@example.com
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Any changes to this privacy statement will be posted to this page. Changes may be made in compliance with statutory data protection and privacy laws. Your continued use of our website will be deemed to be acceptance of any such changes.
Questions, requests or comments regarding this privacy statement can be directed to the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- AGREEMENT TO TERMS
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local Jaws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, the Site is our proprietary property. All source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of Ireland, international copyright laws, and international conventions.
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
- USER REPRESENTATIONS
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
- PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without our written permission.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead other users and us, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use any information from the Site to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws or regulations.
- unauthorised framing of or linking to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Engage in any automated system use, such as using scripts to send comments or messages or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1 x1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including, without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses or launches any unauthorised script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make unauthorised purchases on the Site.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting users’ usernames and/or email addresses by electronic or other means to send unsolicited emails or creating user account means or under false pretences.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or for any revenue-generating endeavour or commercial enterprise.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- USER-GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site does not offer users to submit or post content. We may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, violent, libellous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense of those terms) another person and to promote violence against a specific person or class of people.
- Your Contributions do not violate applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate any third party’s privacy or publicity rights.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors.
- Your Contributions do not include comments connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
- MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the Site’s contents at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time without prior notice.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE. WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.